Hudsonville Little League Pool & Call-Up Player’s Guide
- Why do we have Pool /Call-Up Players?
- To assist coaches to have enough players to field a team for games and to eliminate the need for rescheduled events as our field availability is extremely low.
- Which Divisions can use Pool/Call-Up Players?
- Juniors, Intermediate (Baseball), Majors, AAA, and AA
- Where do the players come from?
- Juniors – From the other HLL Junior teams as Pool Players OR from Active HLL Intermediate Rosters
- Intermediate - From Active HLL Majors Baseball Rosters
- Majors – From active HLL AAA Baseball Rosters
- AAA – From Active HLL AA Rosters
- AA- From the other HLL AA teams (from opposite division) as Pool Players OR from active HLL A Rosters (League Age 8 Year Olds only)
- How do you request a player?
- Contact the Player Agent (
); she will contact the player(s) and assign as needed.
- When can I contact the PA to request players?
- As soon as you know you are in need. The sooner the better!
- Can Managers/Coaches request the player(s) they want?
- No, Player Agent will assign the players.
- The Player Agent uses a preset list of players and calls them in order.
- You may request a catcher if you are short one.
- If a team is missing half of its Team Roster; a coach can request to reschedule the game through his Division Director. Otherwise a team can request the Call-Up/Pool Players needed to field a team.
- What are these Do’s and Don’ts of these players?
- Make your requests as early as possible.
- Let the PA know if a catcher is needed.
- These players can play any position other than pitcher
- They must bat at the bottom of the order after all regular team members
- If you have 2 Pool players they bat in the last 2 spots
- You cannot recruit players to play for your team; only the PA can assign players not on your active Roster.
- League Age 8 Year Olds may not be called up to the AAA division or higher